Friday, December 26, 2014

Barry G's Seafood Linguini Scampi a la Primavera

 See thread here.


As for my seafood linguini, I kind of make it up as I go along each year. This year it involved:

1. Cook 1 1/2 packages of linguini and set aside.

2. Microwave a small package of frozen peas and set aside.

3. Thaw out a two-pound bag of cooked extra large shrimp, remove the tails, and set aside.

4. Sauté a minced clove of garlic with a 1/4 stick of butter in a very large pan.

5. Add a handful or two of sliced "baby bella" mushrooms, two chopped up bunches of green onions, the equivalent of two chopped up large tomatoes (this year I went with a bunch of smaller Campari tomatoes instead of my usual large beefsteak tomatoes) and 1-2 pounds of raw scallops (I usually get the jumbo-sized, but this year went with the smaller ones due to the cost).

6. Once the scallops are cooked, add the linguini to the pan, along with the rest of the stick of butter and a ramekin full (maybe 1/4 cup?) of VSOP cognac.

7. Add salt, ground pepper and garlic powder to taste and stir until the butter is fully melted.

8. Add shrimp and peas and stir until everything is coated and hot.

9. Serve ASAP before it all gets soggy!

The "official" name (which I totally made up) is "Seafood Linguini Scampi a la Primavera."



No comments: