Saturday, January 10, 2015

Yellowrocks Caesar coleslaw Recipe

My son and DIL introduced me to this delicious Caesar coleslaw from a recipe in Bon Appetit. We love it.

CAESAR COLESLAW
Yield 8 servings. (I would say 12.)

DRESSING 

Whisk together:

1 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
9 anchovies finely chopped
3 garlic cloves
Salt and pepper

VEGETABLES

2¼ pound head of Savoy cabbage. (I experiment with different cabbage varieties and use a slightly smaller head.) Halved, cored, and very thinly sliced.
16 green onions, thinly sliced

ADD DRESSING to sliced cabbage and onions and toss to coat. May be covered and refrigerated a day ahead.

CHEESE

½ cup grated FRESH Parmesan cheese (We use a whole cup. The packaged grated cheese in the shaker is too bland. Cheese should be added just before serving.) Mix and serve.

1 comment:

HeartRx said...

YR, DH and I love to find new coleslaw recipes. I am definitely going to try this one!